Corvallis Zen Circle is a local group of Zen Buddhist practitioners. Please join us and learn about this ancient wisdom.
- Study of Buddhist texts and teachings
- Day-long silent retreats
- Four-day retreats
- You can also join us for longer retreats at Great Vow Zen Monastery
We are a welcoming community. No qualifications required. You don’t need to be a Buddhist either. Many find this practice deepens their understanding of their original faith and spiritual traditions.
Our spiritual director is Abby Mushin Terris, who received transmission in the White Plum lineage of Soto Zen Buddhism. She co-leads retreats at Great Vow Zen Monastery and also teaches at Zen West in Eugene, Oregon. Mushin has studied and practiced Zen for more than forty years.
Hope to see you soon!
When Do We Meditate?
10 AM-12 PM, Corvallis Yoga Center 111 NW 2nd Street Corvallis, Oregon
Do you need basic instruction?
We offer orientations on the first Sunday of each month, from 9-10 AM. Please email Heather if you plan to come at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday Morning Zazen
6:30-7:15 AM, Dharma Garden Zendo (call Pam 541-231-9352) for location. Join the sangha to start your week right!
6:30-8:00 PM, Dharma Garden Zendo (call Pam 541-231-9352) for location. Meditation (zazen) at 6:30 PM followed by a dharma discussion from 7:00-8:00 PM
6:30-8:00 PM, Dharma Garden Zendo (call Pam 541-231-9352) for location. Chanting 6:30-7:00 PM; Meditation (zazen) 7:00-8:00 PM. Daisan (interview) with Mushin is offered during many Thursday zazen periods.
Want the Latest News?
- Tuesday zazen and dharma discussion and Thursday zazen and chanting service are both cancelled this week. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!
- We are in special need of help with Sunday morning setup, as some of our “regulars” are unavailable for the next few weeks. Please email Shishin if you can help.
- Volunteer Opportunities: It’s cold out there! Help us increase the Buddhist presence in the community.
- Zazenkai (Monthly)
A full day of Zen practice (8:30 AM-4 PM) in silence including sitting and walking meditation, silent lunch, work practice and interview. Contact Mushin at 541-754-4124, or by email at email@example.com if you plan to attend to reserve your spot and for directions.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion workshop (4-series workshop)
Lead by Thomas Bruner of Dharma Rain Zen Center in Portland.
- Board Meetings (Monthly)
- All Sangha members are welcome
- If you are interested in the progress on Sangha Jewel Temple this is a great place to hear the latest info
- Contact Mushin for directions and additional information