Corvallis Zen Circle is a local group of Zen Buddhist practitioners. Please join us and learn about this ancient wisdom.
- Study of Buddhist texts and teachings
- Day-long silent retreats
- Four-day retreats
- You can also join us for longer retreats at Great Vow Zen Monastery
We are a welcoming community. No qualifications required. You don’t need to be a Buddhist either. Many find this practice deepens their understanding of their original faith and spiritual traditions.
Our spiritual director is Abby Mushin Terris, who received transmission in the White Plum lineage of Soto Zen Buddhism. She co-leads retreats at Great Vow Zen Monastery and also teaches at Zen West in Eugene, Oregon. Mushin has studied and practiced Zen for more than forty years.
Hope to see you soon!
When Do We Meditate?
10 AM-12 PM Corvallis Yoga Center 111 NW 2nd Street Corvallis, Oregon
Do you need basic instruction?
We offer orientations to how we practice on the first Sunday of each month, from 9-10 AM at the Corvallis Yoga Center. Please drop Heather a quick email if you plan to come at firstname.lastname@example.org (click here for details)
Monday Morning Zazen
Dharma Garden Zendo (call 541-754-4124 for location) 6:30-7:15 AM. Join the sangha to start your week right!
Dharma Garden Zendo (call 541-754-4124 for location) Meditation (zazen) at 6:30 PM followed by a dharma discussion from 7:00-8:00 PM
Dharma Garden Zendo (call 541-754-4124 for location) Chanting 6:30-7:00PM Meditation (zazen) 7:00-8:00PM. Daisan (interview) with Mushin is offered during many Thursday zazen periods.
News & Events
Want the latest news? Click here to sign up for CZC’s weekly newsletter.
Introduction to Zen practice (at Dharma Garden Zendo) Next half-day introduction April 15; a half-day, in-depth class on all aspects of Zen practice to help you feel truly at home here. Contact Musin at email@example.com if you plan to attend
- Face to Face session Jan 25-29 in Corvallis with Mushin and Seido. This year we will focus on Samantabadra, the archetype of “Great Activity,” bodhisattva action in the world fueled by depth and vision. For more information and registration, click here.
- The Benton County 2040 Thriving Communities Initiative Needs Your Voice. Matthew Gordon will be joining us after the Sunday program on Jan. 8th to hear from us about our long-term vision for our Benton County community. Everyone is encouraged to participate.
- Planning to receive precepts this Spring? If you are planning to receive precepts at the next ceremony and haven’t yet heard from Mushin about plans for the preparation, please contact her so that she can get you the necessary materials: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sound, Movement, and Zen Practice. Feb 3 – 5 in Corvallis. Led by priest Jogen Salzberg. Beginners and seasoned practitioners are welcome. More information coming soon.
- Zazenkai – a day of silent practice (once per month) Feb. 11. Time: 8:30 AM-4 PM. Held at Dharma Garden Zendo. Contact Mushin at 541-754-4124 if you plan to attend and for directions
- Parinirvana sesshin: Feb 13-19 at Great Vow Monastery
- Jukai Prep:
- Feb. 25: 9:00 a.m. – Noon
- March 11: 9:00 a.m. – Noon
- March 19: 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Precept Ceremony: At Corvallis Yoga Center with Jogen
- Zazenkai: April 1. Held at Dharma Garden Zendo. Contact Mushin at 541-754-4124 if you plan to attend and for directions
- Silver Dragon Sesshin: April 5-9 at Great Vow Monastery
- Introduction to Zen Practice: April 15 at Dharma Garden Zendo
- Zazenkai: May 6. Held at Dharma Garden Zendo. Contact Mushin at 541-754-4124 if you plan to attend and for directions
- Work-A-Day Sesshin: May 22 – 27
- Diversity Workshop: June 4 with Thomas Bruner
- Zazenkai: June 17. Held at Dharma Garden Zendo. Contact Mushin at 541-754-4124 if you plan to attend and for directions
- January 18; February 8; March 15; April 19; May 17; June 14
- Time: 6:30-8:00 PM
- All Sangha members are welcome
- If you are interested in the progress on Sangha Jewel Temple this is a great place to hear the latest info
- Contact Mushin for directions and additional information