Building Sangha Jewel Temple
Corvallis Zen Circle is a local group of Zen Buddhist practitioners. Please join us and learn about this true wisdom gem.
Our practice includes:
- Study practice several times a week
- Day-long silent retreats every four to five weeks
- Several four-day retreats during the year
Many of us also do longer retreats at Great Vow Zen Monastery in Clatskanie, Oregon. Our teacher, Abby Mushin Terris, received transmission in the White Plum lineage of Soto Buddhism. She also teaches at Zen West in Eugene, Oregon, and co-leads retreats at Great Vow Zen Monastery. She has studied and practiced Zen for more than forty years, is a mental health counselor in private practice and is the mother of two grown children.
Everyone is welcome to practice with us. You don’t need to be a Buddhist. Many find this practice deepens their understanding of their original faith traditions.
We offer basic instruction in Zen meditation if you’ve never done this before. This can be helpful and can support you to develop a daily practice.
Hope to see you soon!
How To Join Our Zen Meditations
10 AM-12 PM Corvallis Yoga Center 111 NW 2nd Street Corvallis, Oregon
Orientation occurs the first Sunday of each month from 9-10 AM at the Corvallis Yoga Center. Please drop Heather a quick email if you plan to come at firstname.lastname@example.org (click here for details)
Monday Morning Zazen
Dharma Garden Zendo (call 541-754-4124 for location) Meditation from 6:30-7:15 AM. Join the sangha to start your week right!
Dharma Garden Zendo (call 541-754-4124 for location) Meditation (zazen) at 6:30 PM followed by a dharma discussion from 7:00-8:00 PM
Dharma Garden Zendo (call 541-754-4124 for location) Chanting 6:30-7:00PM Meditation (zazen) 7:00-8:00PM. Daisan (interview) with Mushin is offered during many Thursday zazen periods. See weekly newsletter for current week’s activity.
Zazenkai – a day of silent practice (Saturday, once per month)
- Nov 19. Time: 8:30 AM-4 PM. Held at Dharma Garden Zendo. Contact Mushin at 541-754-4124 if you plan to attend and for directions.
Retreats & Other Events
Orientation to Zen Practice – At Yoga Center, 2nd & Monroe, First Sunday, 9-10 am, Please register by emailing Senmyo, email@example.com
Introduction to Zen practice (at Dharma Garden Zendo) Next half-day introduction TBA; a half-day, in-depth class on all aspects of Zen practice to help you feel truly at home here. Contact Musin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend.
- Silver Dragon Sesshin, Friday-Sunday Oct 28-30. Week-end retreat for people over sixty. led by Mushin and Kyoko Nan Wittaker-Emmerich. Register with Great Vow Zen Monastery. For details and to register, see the Great Vow website, https://www.zendust.
- Nov 9, Dec 14
- Time: 6:30-8:00 PM
- All Sangha members are welcome
- If you are interested in the progress on Sangha Jewel Temple this is a great place to hear the latest info
- Contact Mushin for directions and additional information