Corvallis Zen Circle is a local group of Zen Buddhist practitioners. Please join us and learn about this ancient wisdom. We offer an enduring sanctuary for cultivating a clear, quiet mind and a grounded, open-hearted way of life.
Corvallis Zen Circle is a local group of Zen Buddhist practitioners. Please join us and learn about this ancient wisdom.
- Study of Buddhist texts and teachings
- Day-long silent retreats
- Four-day retreats
- You can also join us for longer retreats at Great Vow Zen Monastery
We are a welcoming community. No qualifications required. You don’t need to be a Buddhist either. Many find this practice deepens their understanding of their original faith and spiritual traditions.
Our spiritual director is Abby Mushin Terris, who received transmission in the White Plum lineage of Soto Zen Buddhism. She co-leads retreats at Great Vow Zen Monastery and also teaches at Zen West in Eugene, Oregon. Mushin has studied and practiced Zen for more than forty years.
Hope to see you soon!
When Do We Meditate?
10 AM-12 PM Corvallis Yoga Center 111 NW 2nd Street Corvallis, Oregon
Do you need basic instruction?
We offer orientations to how we practice on the first Sunday of each month, from 9-10 AM at the Corvallis Yoga Center. Please drop Heather a quick email if you plan to come at email@example.com (click here for details)
Monday Morning Zazen
Dharma Garden Zendo (call Pam 541-231-9352) for location. 6:30-7:15 AM. Join the sangha to start your week right!
Dharma Garden Zendo (call Pam 541-231-9352) for location. Meditation (zazen) at 6:30 PM followed by a dharma discussion from 7:00-8:00 PM
Dharma Garden Zendo (call Pam 541-231-9352) for location. Chanting 6:30-7:00PM Meditation (zazen) 7:00-8:00PM. Daisan (interview) with Mushin is offered during many Thursday zazen periods.
News & Events
Want the latest news? Click here to sign up for CZC’s weekly newsletter.
- Voice Dialogue Workshop: Oct 12th, 6-10 PM. Led by Jogen Salzberg at Mushin’s house. Click here for details.
- Precepts Ceremony: Oct 15th
- Potluck & Envelope Stuffing: Oct 15th, Details TBA
- Diversity & Inclusion Workshop, Part 4: Nov 5th, Click here for details.
Sesshins & Zazenkais
- Zazenkai: Nov 4, at Dharma Garden Zendo
- Orientation to Zen Practice: First Sunday of the month at the Corvallis Yoga Center, 2nd & Monroe, at 9am
- Zazenkai (Monthly): Nov 4th, Dec 15th
A full day of Zen practice (8:30 AM-4 PM) in silence including sitting and walking meditation, silent lunch, work practice and interview. Contact Mushin at 541-754-4124, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend to reserve your spot and for directions
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion workshop (]4-series workshop): Nov 5
At the Corvallis Friends Meeting Hall from 2-6 pm. Lead by Thomas Bruner of Dharma Rain Zen Center in Portland.
- Board Meetings (Monthly):
- Time: 6:30-8:00 PM
- All Sangha members are welcome
- If you are interested in the progress on Sangha Jewel Temple this is a great place to hear the latest info
- Contact Mushin for directions and additional information
- Precept Ceremony: Oct 15th