Building Sangha Jewel Temple
Corvallis Zen Circle is a local group of Zen Buddhist practitioners. Please join us and learn about this ancient wisdom.
- Study of Buddhist texts and teachings
- Day-long silent retreats
- Four-day retreats
- You can also join us for longer retreats at Great Vow Zen Monastery
We are a welcoming community. No qualifications required. You don’t need to be a Buddhist either. Many find this practice deepens their understanding of their original faith and spiritual traditions.
Our spiritual director is Abby Mushin Terris, who received transmission in the White Plum lineage of Soto Zen Buddhism. She co-leads retreats at Great Vow Zen Monastery and also teaches at Zen West in Eugene, Oregon. Mushin has studied and practiced Zen for more than forty years.
Hope to see you soon!
When Do We Mediatate?
10 AM-12 PM Corvallis Yoga Center 111 NW 2nd Street Corvallis, Oregon
Do you need basic instruction?
We offer orientations to how we practice on the first Sunday of each month, from 9-10 AM at the Corvallis Yoga Center. Please drop Heather a quick email if you plan to come at email@example.com (click here for details)
Monday Morning Zazen
Dharma Garden Zendo (call 541-754-4124 for location) 6:30-7:15 AM. Join the sangha to start your week right!
Dharma Garden Zendo (call 541-754-4124 for location) Meditation (zazen) at 6:30 PM followed by a dharma discussion from 7:00-8:00 PM
Dharma Garden Zendo (call 541-754-4124 for location) Chanting 6:30-7:00PM Meditation (zazen) 7:00-8:00PM. Daisan (interview) with Mushin is offered during many Thursday zazen periods.
News & Events
Want the latest news? Click here to sign up for CZC’s weekly newsletter.
Orientation to Zen Practice – At Yoga Center, 2nd & Monroe, First Sunday, 9-10 am, Please register by emailing Senmyo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction to Zen practice (at Dharma Garden Zendo) Next half-day introduction TBA; a half-day, in-depth class on all aspects of Zen practice to help you feel truly at home here. Contact Musin at email@example.com if you plan to attend.
- Rohatsu Sesshin – Sunday, December 04, 2016 – 5:00 pm to Sunday, December 11, 2016 – 1:00 pm. Rohatsu is one of ZCO’s strongest sesshins, a culmination of the year’s practice, and commemorates the Buddha’s enlightenment. Two teachers will lead this event. Sanzen (private interview with the teacher) will be available with both of them. Click Here for more information.
Zazenkai – a day of silent practice (once per month)
- Date-TBA. Time: 8:30 AM-4 PM. Held at Dharma Garden Zendo. Contact Mushin at 541-754-4124 if you plan to attend and for directions
- Dec 14
- Time: 6:30-8:00 PM
- All Sangha members are welcome
- If you are interested in the progress on Sangha Jewel Temple this is a great place to hear the latest info
- Contact Mushin for directions and additional information