Ceremony & Celebration
Altar in a field
A Winter Sesshin
Conversing with Nature
A Moment's Reflection
Tea In Dharma Garden Zendo
How To Join Our Zen Meditations
10 AM-12 PM Corvallis Yoga Center 111 NW 2nd Street Corvallis, Oregon
Orientation occurs the first Sunday of each month from 9-10 AM at the Corvallis Yoga Center. (click here for details)
Dharma Garden Zendo (call 541-754-4124 for location) Meditation (zazen) and short service 6:15 AM-7 AM
Dharma Garden Zendo (call 541-754-4124 for location) Chanting 6:30-7:00PM Meditation (zazen) 7:00-8:00PM Interviews with Mushin offered during many Thursday zazen periods. See weekly newsletter for current week’s activity.
Dharma Blog Posts – Posts by Buddhist teachers or senior practitioners on specific Buddhist teachings. They are educational, instructive, or insightful posts to help others understand the teachings of Buddha.
Zen Day (Zazenkai) – a day of silent practice (Saturday, once per month)
- Apr 11. 8 AM-5 PM. Held at Dharma Garden Zendo. Contact Mushin at 541-754-4124 if you plan to attend and for directions.
- Introduction to Zen Practice This half-day class will cover practice in more detail for those who want to become more involved or have questions about Zen practice. Topics include:
- setting up a home practice
- working with a teacher
Class will meet Saturday, 9am-noon, Apr 25, Jul 11,Sept 26, Nov 7. Register in advance and receive location details by emailing Mushin. Suggested donation $25, all are welcome regardless of ability to pay.
- Mar 1- May 10. Spring Ango. Held at Dharma Garden Zendo. Contact Mushin at 541-754-4124 for information and directions.
- April 15-19, Silver Dragon Sesshin at Great Vow Zen Monastery – As we age, practice begins to differ in significant ways from the practice of younger people. This sesshin will explore how practice can be vibrant and life-changing at any age. Led by Mushin and Kyoko Whitaker Emrich. More information and registration is available by going here.
- June 21, Precept Ceremony – please contact Mushin at 541-754-4124 if you would like to receive the first five precepts. Details regarding preparation for the ceremony will be available soon.
- April 22, 6:30-8 pm Contact Mushin for directions and additional information
- May 20, 6:30-8 pm
- June 24, 6:30-8 pm