Water and Petals
Tea In Dharma Garden Zendo
Flowers, Buddha, Space
5 Precepts Ceremony
Zen Work Practice
How To Join Our Zen Meditations
10 AM-12 PM Corvallis Yoga Center 111 NW 2nd Street Corvallis, Oregon
Orientation occurs the first Sunday of each month from 9-10 AM at the Corvallis Yoga Center. (click here for details)
Dharma Garden Zendo (call 541-754-4124 for location) Meditation (zazen) at 6:30 PM followed by a dharma discussion from 7:00-8:00 PM
Dharma Garden Zendo (call 541-754-4124 for location) Chanting 6:30-7:00PM Meditation (zazen) 7:00-8:00PM. Daisan (interview) with Mushin is offered during many Thursday zazen periods. See weekly newsletter for current week’s activity.
Dharma Blog Posts – Posts by Buddhist teachers or senior practitioners on specific Buddhist teachings. They are educational, instructive, or insightful posts to help others understand the teachings of Buddha.
Zazenkai – a day of silent practice (Saturday, once per month)
- August 29 – 9 AM-4 PM. Held at Dharma Garden Zendo. Contact Mushin at 541-754-4124 if you plan to attend and for directions.
- Introduction to Zen Practice This half-day class will cover practice in more detail for those who want to become more involved or have questions about Zen practice. Topics include:
- setting up a home practice
- working with a teacher
Class will meet Saturday, 9am-noon, July 11, Sept 26, Nov 7. Register in advance and receive location details by emailing Mushin. Suggested donation $25, all are welcome regardless of ability to pay.
- July 1-5 – Interdependence Sesshin at Empty Field Zendo in Blachly. Led by Mushin and Seido Martin, we will explore the theme of our mutual interdependence that is expressed so minutely in the natural world of the Empty Field Zendo Farm. Please register as soon as possible if you’re planning to attend. To register go to emptyfieldzendo.org and click on retreats and events.
- August 7-9 – Dreaming the Way: Uncovering the Slumbering Zen Koan Within at Empty Field Zendo. Led by Mushin and Seido Martin – studying our dreams can lead to profound insight in the context of Zen practice. The evocative and haunting imagery has the potential to show us where we’re blocked in practice and how our own inherent wisdom arises to meet these perceived obstacles. To register go to emptyfieldzendo.org and click on retreats and events.
- TBA 6:30-8 pm Contact Mushin for directions and additional information