Water and Petals
Tea In Dharma Garden Zendo
Flowers, Buddha, Space
5 Precepts Ceremony
Zen Work Practice
How To Join Our Zen Meditations
10 AM-12 PM Corvallis Yoga Center 111 NW 2nd Street Corvallis, Oregon
Orientation occurs the first Sunday of each month from 9-10 AM at the Corvallis Yoga Center. Please drop Heather a quick email if you plan to come at email@example.com(click here for details)
Dharma Garden Zendo (call 541-754-4124 for location) Meditation (zazen) at 6:30 PM followed by a dharma discussion from 7:00-8:00 PM
Dharma Garden Zendo (call 541-754-4124 for location) Chanting 6:30-7:00PM Meditation (zazen) 7:00-8:00PM. Daisan (interview) with Mushin is offered during many Thursday zazen periods. See weekly newsletter for current week’s activity.
Dharma Blog Posts – Posts by Buddhist teachers or senior practitioners on specific Buddhist teachings. They are educational, instructive, or insightful posts to help others understand the teachings of Buddha.
Zazenkai – a day of silent practice (Saturday, once per month)
- August 29 – 9 AM-4 PM. Held at Dharma Garden Zendo. Contact Mushin at 541-754-4124 if you plan to attend and for directions.
- Introduction to Zen Practice This half-day class will cover practice in more detail for those who want to become more involved or have questions about Zen practice. Topics include:
- setting up a home practice
- working with a teacher
Class will meet Saturday, 9 am-noon, October 3. Register in advance and receive location details by emailing Mushin. Suggested donation $25, all are welcome regardless of ability to pay.
- Work-A-Day Sesshin – Sept 14-19, 2015. Each day is our life. Each moment is our life. During our Work-A-Day retreats, we bring the tools of our practice alive in our ordinary routines. The modified retreat schedule combines the workweek with more intensive Zen practice. We meet morning and evening for zazen, study, and dharma discussion while also going to work during the day, and finish with zazenkai on Saturday until 3. During the week we’ll be introducing readings on the Five Buddha Families as a focus for our study, to explore together the elemental constituents of experience and how they take form in our daily lives. To register contact Mushin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dinner included. $100 plus dana.
- September 23, 6:30-8 pm
- October 7, 6:30-8:00
- November 4, 6:30-8:00
- December 16, 6:30-8:00
- Contact Mushin for directions and additional information