Corvallis Zen Circle is a local group of Zen Buddhist practitioners. Please join us and learn about this ancient wisdom.
- Study of Buddhist texts and teachings
- Day-long silent retreats
- Four-day retreats
- You can also join us for longer retreats at Great Vow Zen Monastery
We are a welcoming community. No qualifications required. You don’t need to be a Buddhist either. Many find this practice deepens their understanding of their original faith and spiritual traditions.
Our spiritual director is Abby Mushin Terris, who received transmission in the White Plum lineage of Soto Zen Buddhism. She co-leads retreats at Great Vow Zen Monastery and also teaches at Zen West in Eugene, Oregon. Mushin has studied and practiced Zen for more than forty years.
Hope to see you soon!
When Do We Meditate?
10 AM-12 PM Corvallis Yoga Center 111 NW 2nd Street Corvallis, Oregon
Do you need basic instruction?
We offer orientations to how we practice on the first Sunday of each month, from 9-10 AM at the Corvallis Yoga Center. Please drop Heather a quick email if you plan to come at email@example.com (click here for details)
Monday Morning Zazen
Dharma Garden Zendo (call Pam 541-231-9352) for location. 6:30-7:15 AM. Join the sangha to start your week right!
Dharma Garden Zendo (call Pam 541-231-9352) for location. Meditation (zazen) at 6:30 PM followed by a dharma discussion from 7:00-8:00 PM
Dharma Garden Zendo (call Pam 541-231-9352) for location. Chanting 6:30-7:00PM Meditation (zazen) 7:00-8:00PM. Daisan (interview) with Mushin is offered during many Thursday zazen periods.
News & Events
Want the latest news? Click here to sign up for CZC’s weekly newsletter.
- Work-A-Day Sesshin: Monday, May 22 – Saturday, May 27 During the week we bring the tools of our practice alive in our ordinary routines. This practice meets morning and evening for zazen, study and dharma discussion, while also going to work during the day, and finish with a zazenkai on Saturday until 3pm. To register, contact Mushin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dinner is included. Suggested donation in $125, though everyone is welcome, regardless of ability to donate.
- Board Meeting: May 17, 6:30 – 8:00 P.M. at Mushin’s house. All members are welcome
- Orientation to Zen Practice: First Sunday at the Corvallis Yoga Center at 2nd & Monroe. Next orientation is Sunday, June 4 at 9am.
- Diversity and Inclusion Workshop, Part 2: June 4; details below
- Zazenkai: June 17 at Dharma Garden Zendo
- Zazenkai (Monthly): June 17
A full day of Zen practice (8:30 AM-4 PM) in silence including sitting and walking meditation, silent lunch, work practice and interview. Contact Mushin at 541-754-4124, or by email at email@example.com if you plan to attend to reserve your spot and for directions
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion workshop ( 4-series workshop): June 4, Sept 17, Nov 5
At the Corvallis Friends Meeting Hall from 2-6 pm. Lead by Thomas Bruner of Dharma Rain Zen Center in Portland.
Board Meetings (Monthly); May 17; June 14
- Time: 6:30-8:00 PM
- All Sangha members are welcome
- If you are interested in the progress on Sangha Jewel Temple this is a great place to hear the latest info
- Contact Mushin for directions and additional information