Corvallis Zen Circle is a local group of Zen Buddhist practitioners. Please join us and learn about this ancient wisdom.
- Study of Buddhist texts and teachings
- Day-long silent retreats
- Four-day retreats
- You can also join us for longer retreats at Great Vow Zen Monastery
We are a welcoming community. No qualifications required. You don’t need to be a Buddhist either. Many find this practice deepens their understanding of their original faith and spiritual traditions.
Our spiritual director is Abby Mushin Terris, who received transmission in the White Plum lineage of Soto Zen Buddhism. She co-leads retreats at Great Vow Zen Monastery and also teaches at Zen West in Eugene, Oregon. Mushin has studied and practiced Zen for more than forty years.
Hope to see you soon!
When Do We Meditate?
10 AM-12 PM Corvallis Yoga Center 111 NW 2nd Street Corvallis, Oregon
Do you need basic instruction?
We offer orientations to how we practice on the first Sunday of each month, from 9-10 AM at the Corvallis Yoga Center. Please drop Heather a quick email if you plan to come at email@example.com (click here for details)
Monday Morning Zazen
Dharma Garden Zendo (call Pam 541-231-9352) for location. 6:30-7:15 AM. Join the sangha to start your week right!
Dharma Garden Zendo (call Pam 541-231-9352) for location. Meditation (zazen) at 6:30 PM followed by a dharma discussion from 7:00-8:00 PM
Dharma Garden Zendo (call Pam 541-231-9352) for location. Chanting 6:30-7:00PM Meditation (zazen) 7:00-8:00PM. Daisan (interview) with Mushin is offered during many Thursday zazen periods.
News & Events
Want the latest news? Click here to sign up for CZC’s weekly newsletter.
- Introduction to Zen practice: April 15; Half-day, in-depth class on all aspects of Zen practice to help you feel truly at home with your practice. Held at Dharma Garden Zendo, Contact Pam at 541-231-9352 for information and to s
- Easter Sunday Mahasangha Sit: April 16th from 9 AM – Noon at the Downtown Yoga Center
- Board Meeting: April 19, 6:30 – 8:00 P.M. at Mushin’s house. All members are welcome
- How to Run a Dhara Center: Saturday, April 29 from 9 AM – Noon; details below
- Kisei Costenbader Dharma Talk: Sunday, April 30 at Sunday Service; details below
- Diversity and Inclusion Workshop, Part 2: June 4; details below
- Silver Dragon Sesshin: April 5-9 at Great Vow Monastery
- Work-A-Day Sesshin: May 22 – 27
- Zazenkai (Monthly): May 6, June 17
A full day of Zen practice (8:30 AM-4 PM) in silence including sitting and walking meditation, silent lunch, work practice and interview. Contact Mushin at 541-754-4124, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend to reserve your spot and for directions
- Introduction to Zen Practice (Quarterly): April 15
Half-day, in-depth class on all aspects of Zen practice to help you feel truly at home with your practice. Held at Dharma Garden Zendo, Contact Pam at 541-231-9352 for information and to sign up
- How To Run A Dharma Center: Saturday, April 29, 9 AM – Noon
Kisei Costenbader from Great Vow Monastery will share expert advice. Then later that evening we reconvene at 6 PM for dinner and a Poetry Night. Both will be at the house in front of Dharma Garden, Call for directions: 541-231-9352
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion workshop ( 4-series workshop): June 4, Sept 17, Nov 5
At the Corvallis Friends Meeting Hall from 2-6 pm. Lead by Thomas Bruner of Dharma Rain Zen Center in Portland.
Board Meetings (Monthly)
- April 19; May 17; June 14
- Time: 6:30-8:00 PM
- All Sangha members are welcome
- If you are interested in the progress on Sangha Jewel Temple this is a great place to hear the latest info
- Contact Mushin for directions and additional information